The Intra-African Trade Fair, IATF2021 will present a panel discussion focused on African Fashion. Titled, The Journey to the Global Market on November 19th 2020.
African Fashion: The Journey to the Global Market IATF2021
On Thursday, November 19th 2020, The African-Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) will host a webinar designed for the emerging African Fashion sector. The online event is part of a series of digital seminars championing the creative Africa programme that will take place during the second edition of the Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF2021). IATF2021 will take place in Kigali, Rwanda from September 6th- 12th, 2021 under the theme “Building Bridges for a Successful AfCFTA“.
Building Bridges for a Successful AfCFTA
The African-Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) in collaboration with the African Union will provide a platform for entry into a single market. Again, the event will be hosted by the Government of Rwanda. Over 1.2 billion people joined together by the African Continental Free Trade Area, serving as a marketplace bringing together continental and global buyers and sellers and showcasing goods and services. In general, the event will include dedicated programs with African fashion being a significant feature.
Be part of a unique African platform to seek investment, forge agreements and promote international cooperation
During the virtual event, the discussion will focus mainly on African Fashion. Likewise, some of the links in the fashion value chain. In detail, emphasis will be on creativity and protecting the work of designers through Intellectual Property policy. Also, the panellist will touch on global reach and distribution and how to access funding. During the conversation, prominent names in African Fashion will share their journey to success and the challenges they faced.
As always, the panel discussion will include reps from Afreximbank and The African Development Bank. Chiefly, the representatives will provide insights on how aspiring designers and those within the industry can access resources.
Meet The African Fashion Panellist
- Abisade Adenubi- Founder and CEO of Heritage Apparels
- Emanuela Gregorio- Economics and Fashionomics Africa Coordinator at he the African Development Bank Group
- Lulu Shabell – Co-Founder of African Youth Mentorship Network
- Kibonen Nfi – Founder & Creative Director KibonenNY
Lastly, don’t forget to register for the virtual event using this link http://ow.ly/G9IM50Cf7qK Download Zoom to take part in the webinar
- Get In Your Feels With Nina Ngwa & Gabe’s Exclusive Wedding Photos
- This Year’s Best Selling Memoir is Wotutu to the World and Here’s Why Everyone is Reading the Book
- In Need of Some Easy Ankara Headwrap Styling Ideas? Miss Cameroon 2020 Audrey Monkam is Everything You Need
- It’s Time My Chakra Aligns To My Centre With This Tibetan Cross Necklace By Wolf And Zephyr